Monday, April 29, 2013

This is too big?

I'm in the process of trying to decide what my next phone will be.   This is an important decision as it will be the device I use everyday for two years (thanks to service contracts).  I'll be staying with Verizon since they offer far superior coverage in my area - especially when I travel around for work.

I am looking at some of the latest Android phones and have narrowed down to two.  It will either be the Galaxy Note 2 or the Galaxy S4.  Both very large phones, but I'm kinda past that point.  The Note 2 is a little bigger but I don't believe that's going to be an issue for me.  I was talking to Cari about this yesterday and she questioned whether either phone would even fit into my pocket.  So, I designed a cardboard version of the larger one and stuck it into my pocket.
What it really comes down to is would I use handwriting features that come with the Note 2 and it's built in stylus?  Being able to use a pen like that has been something I have wanted for a long time but in practice would I use it?  That pen would be my primary feature of this phone over the other.

The S4 has a few things going for it with a higher resolution screen and upgraded camera features.  It also has a few other tricks like sensors to tell you the temperature and humidity where you are.  But do I really want to know the temperature deep in my pocket?   I think I would miss some of the camera tricks but it looks like most of those are software driven and could end up on the Note 2.

I'll keep thinking on this throughout the week and see where I end up.  I would be very happy with either so all these hours and hours watching YouTube reviews is probably a waste of time.  Good thing it rained all day yesterday.

(Comments to grab an iPhone are not necessary.  I use one for work and don't prefer it. :) )

2 comments:

Laura A said...

My brother's girlfriend has the note 2 and we jokingly call it her portable dvd player. But she really likes it!

Duck Hunter said...

Thanks Laura! I'm about to find out!