Saturday, December 03, 2005

Post-Thanksgiving Day Chores

(picture is a bit blurry, actual lights are not this blurry.)

It's that time of year again. The yard must be decorated for Christmas. After finishing with the yard, someone must climb a ladder and light the roof line. The children are too small, and Cari took herself out of the equation. That means I had to climb the ladder. That's not my favorite thing to do. I have a nice extension ladder. The part I don't like is leaning it against the gutter, and then as I climb, hear the gutter crushing. I didn't damage the gutters, but you can hear them creak as I reach the top.(note the extreme fear in my eyes as I look to the sky)

We have much more displayed this year compared to last. Meredith loves the two deer we have put out. So much, that she spent an hour making sure they had food. After feeding them she spent some time petting one of them.
Next year I'll put twenty deer in the yard to keep her busy. When I do that, I'll have to hire an electrician to map the extension cord layout.

3 comments:

John said...

Nice work. I hate crushing the gutters. I mean, I wouldn't hate crushing your gutters, but, my gutters.

Michelle said...

I wonder how many injuries are caused at the hands of Christmas decorations.

Michelle said...

P.S. Meridith is the cutest girl. Now were going to have to put our deer just so Faith treats them as pets.