Saturday, December 22, 2007

25

What's the number 25 mean to you? What does it make you think of?
A quarter?

The atomic number of Manganese?

The size of the full roster on a major league baseball team?

The number of days your sister in law is staying with you?


Yeah, that's right. She's here for 25 days. That is by far the longest anyone, except our kids, has stayed with us. She's already been here almost a week.



This really isn't a problem for us. So far she has been very helpful with the baby. She has also helped Cari finish Christmas shopping. That kept me from having to brave the mall the other day.

The only problem I have had with her so far is her camera. She always has that camera on her. When I am tempted to do something stupid, I have to stop and check for her. Like the day I was tasting some breast milk from the baby's bottle. With Amanda's laptop, that kind of thing shows up on Facebook within the hour.
For now, I'm camping out in my office.
Cari just knocked on the door. Someone tell her I'll be out in 19 days.

Not that I'm counting.

7 comments:

rakethetable said...

She looks just like her sister. wow.

Enjoy the holidays!

Merry Christmas.

ray of hope said...

This post made me laugh. Every year I do what your sister-in-law does. I and my son go stay with my sister and her family, but our visits are usually around 30 days long. It is always a great time! I don't know what I would do without that time. Hope your visit is fun and there are some great candids to show for it. The caught off guard pictures are always the best, even if they are at your expense.

And on a more serious note, what a great compliment to you and your wonderful family that she would choose to come for that long and you guys would gladly open up your home for her long term visit. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

One Scrappy Gal said...

LOL!!

My brother once came and stayed with us for almost 2 months. He had been laid off, broken up with his girlfirend of 8 years, and was all depressed and needed to find himself. In the end, my husband paid to have his car fixed (it died on him while he was visiting, it was a hunk of junk) and packed him a cooler of food and pushed him out the door. "NO NO... don't stop and turn around... just go!" It was pretty funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow D.H. you have been up to many new adventures. I can't stand it when the directions come only in a foriegn language, and that is typically the case with stuff from IKEA.
The sweet tea fiasoc would totally happen to me too. As a matter of fact I feel a bit inspried to share a post becuase of it. lol
We have never had relatives cohabitate with us, but if its anything like when Carrie was our live in Nanny. Well then prayer just might be in order. Good thing you got the office finished.

Merry Christmas,
michelle

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Love the post! I am sure you are all having a wonderful Christmas with Aunt Amanda in town. =) Hopefully we'll be up to visit sometime soon. :) Miss you!
Grant & Becky

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Ummm.... Am I going to be the only one to comment on the fact that you tasted breast milk?
Gack. I nursed my kids, but I sure wasn't lettin' anyone other than baby taste it! WOW! That one deserves a picture. Nice.

I hope you had a most wonderful, excellent Christmas!

Aaron said...

Perhaps it would have tested better FRESH?

aaaaaaaaaahahaha