Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas morning

Here's the house at 2am when I went to bed:
Here's a photo of Christmas exploding:
Here's a photo from 9am Christmas morning:
Kinda reminds me of last year. Do you see the trend?

Randy was the first one up, he's always the first one up. It was around 5:30am. Cari sent him back to bed. Around six, he was back up and walking around. I got up with him. We went down to examine what Santa left in the house. Around 6:30 he went up and got the rest of the house up.

Cari always does a good job of trying to pace us while we unwrap gifts. She sits at the tree, guarding the presents. Holding back the ravaging claws of the kids. Through her careful shopping, she has ensured each child will open the EXACT same number of presents. She hands one to each. They tear it open in about two seconds, show off their newest prize possession, then prepare themselves for the next box.

The rest of our day was spent together playing games, watching movies, and eating the great meal Cari prepared. I also tried to cut my finger off while opening some toys.

By that evening, I could tell Cari was ready to move on from Christmas, but she was too tired. When I got home from work yesterday, it was all gone. The toy Santas, the Nativity, the tree.

Things are mostly back to normal today. Everyone like normal, right?

4 comments:

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Our tree was back in the box by 8pm Christmas Day.

Grant :)

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

It almost seems like you had a carbon copy of our Christmas! I'm going to post photos just to prove it! I also took photos of "Before" and "After." Pacing the kids crazy unwrapping takes skill. Heh Heh. The only reason my tree is still up is because my dad, sister, and step-mom are coming for "Christmas" on Sunday. Otherwise, it would ALL be gone by now.

Speed Seeker said...

Packed up already? I usually wait until just after new years to pack up the decorations. Mostly due to the fact I'm lazy during Christmas...hehe

Looks like it was a great haul for everyone.

Aaron said...

As normal as your family could possibly be, yes. :D