Saturday, January 26, 2008

Funnier in the Morning

Things are much funnier at two in the morning. That's about the time I was going to bed the other night. Cari had just gotten up to feed the baby. As I lay down trying to fall asleep, Cari mentioned that the dog needed an updated rabies shot. That seemed like an odd thing to think about while feeding a baby in the middle of the night, but that's what she said.

Then she said she has been looking for the guy at CVS and he hasn't been there in a while. That got my attention. "The guy at CVS?", I asked.
She told me that sometimes there is a guy with a van sitting at the CVS parking lot giving out cheap vaccines.

WHAT!?? I started laughing. I pictured a beat up old van. A man in a half buttoned long sleeve shirt and dirty jeans would be leaning on the vehicle. As people went into CVS to do their shopping he would "psst" them over to the van. "Where's your dog?", he'd ask.

Then people would rush home to get their dog and let him stab the puppy with a needle.
"That'll be five bucks."
If you don't think this story is very funny, come back at two in the morning and read it again. It'll get you laughing.

3 comments:

rakethetable said...

Why would that EVER be a good idea?

One Scrappy Gal said...

I make it a point to steer clear of people leaning on vans wearing dirty jeans and button down shirts, that "psstt" people in the parking lot...

RoadRunner said...

LOL, I think my buddy Will bought a set of speakers from that guy at a gas station.