Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This lunch seems thin

Last week one day I called Cari while walking to the car on my lunch break. I was carrying my bottle of water and peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I asked what they were doing and she said that they were headed out to lunch. Not just any restaurant, my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant.

I tried to make her feel bad as I bit into my sandwich. It might have worked a little bit, but she was still going.

That night at dinner, I asked the kids what they had for lunch. Randy had casadia. I answered him by telling him I drank water for lunch. Next was the girl. She told me how good her tacos were. I told her my jelly was plain. Cari was groaning at this point. She didn't want to hear any more. She offered to make my lunch for the next day. I accepted.

The next morning I had to leave the house by 5:30am. I took a look around in the refrigerator and didn't see a made lunch. I quickly put together a small lunch and went to work. When I called her at lunch time I didn't mention about the food. After a few minutes, she remembered and said that she really would make my lunch for the NEXT day.

Well, that night, as we got into bed, Cari jumped up and went downstairs. I knew that she had forgotten again. I wasn't going to say anything. She came back up within two minutes. I was thinking, "that won't be a very good lunch". She was waving $10 as she entered the room.

"Chik-fil-a will make your lunch for you tomorrow", she declared.

Although she didn't make my lunch herself, she delegated that job to someone else. I called Cari and thanked her for making such a tasty lunch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did miss out. That mexican resturant was AMAZING! But hey..i'm sure your chick-fil-a was just as good. Right? Did she mention that while you worked again today that we ate there again? I think she purposely waits until you are at work to mention going there. I tried to get her to wait but she was hungry and wanted to eat. You would have waited for her wouldnt you? :) :) :)

rakethetable said...

Thanks Cari - That was the right gift.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

What a wife! Did you know that of all the fast food chains, Chick-filet has, on average, lower calorie foods than the others?

Yea. That doesn't help, does it? Especially after Amanda waved it in your face by going AGAIN. Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh. That's pretty funny.

One Scrappy Gal said...

Mmmm...

Chick-Fil-A...

I miss them!

Aaron said...

Chick-Fil-A does make quite the tasty lunch. $10 buys a decent amount of Christian chicken!