Friday, January 11, 2008

More Work!

Amanda's stay is over. We drove her to the airport the other day. She has been a tremendous help while she stayed with us, especially with the baby. We all enjoyed having her stay with us through the holidays. Well, except for the last night she was here. That was the night she tried to start a civil war in our house. Thankfully, we all survived the battle, even the boy.

On the drive to the airport it struck me. Who's going to pick up the slack and help out after she leaves? I started to casually beg her into staying longer. When I saw that my efforts were not paying off, I asked Cari the question.

"Now that Amanda is leaving, does that mean I have to help out with the baby again?"
"Yes.", was all Cari said. It isn't the quantity of words that made an impact on me. It was her tone.


2 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

Bwahahahhahaaa!! Have fun changing the blowouts!

At least be happy that you can be there to help out with the baby. My husband would LOVE to be in your shoes and would trade places with you in a heartbeat.

Aaron said...

I'd dare say you lost some cool points by actually ponying up the nerve to ask such a question.