Saturday, June 21, 2008

Don't be Disappointed!

I had plans for my day off on Thursday. Once my plans failed, I had back up plans. After my back up plans failed I got disappointed and started to pout. I sat in the office and stared at the computer for a while. By ten in the morning Cari and I decided to take my car to get the brakes fixed. Since we were going into town we decided to get lunch and head to the park. I grabbed my camera.

After we ate lunch at the park, I got my camera out and headed into a wooded area. Meredith followed me over and started posing for me.
Randy doesn't like taking pictures as much as Meredith, in fact he tries to avoid the camera now. I'll have to bribe him and get some more of him soon.
There was a trail leading through the woods that we all followed for a short hike. The trail was part of a disc golf course. We've seen a couple of these and now I'm looking for a place I can buy some of the small discs to try it.

Not far along the path we came to a small creek and three bridges. Why they need three bridges, I'm still not sure. It's a city park, so someone was probably trying to justify their job as "parks bridge builder". Meredith and Randy took their shoes off and started stomping around in the mud and water.
Cari was taking pictures of Brenna sitting on one of the bridges while I watched the other two in the water. She had set up a really nice shot so put my flash on a tripod and stood next to the bridge.
Before leaving we sat on bench near the disc golf tee and tried to get a picture of the five of us. It's REALLY hard to get five people all looking at the camera at the same time. But I did get this one of Cari with Brenna.
I caught myself in a good mood as we drove home from the park on Thursday. Even though three planned activities didn't come through, this day did not disappoint me.

4 comments:

Farm Girl in MD said...

Your photos are great as usual! That last one of Cari and Brenna is awesome!!

Melba said...

yeah sometimes when all your best laid plans are foiled there's room for something even better! These photos are great, I love all of them!!

Poptart said...

GREAT pictures!

Anonymous said...

Meredith has such beautiful eyes.

Love the photo of the baby on the bridge and with her mama. So sweet!!