Sunday, June 08, 2008

Slip and Slide

On Saturday, before we went geocaching, we set up our own slip and slide in the front yard. Cari and I unrolled the plastic and pinned the sides down.
At first it was just Randy and Meredith sliding with Amanda and I watching. I kept thinking they weren't going fast enough. Amanda ran into the house and grabbed the liquid dish soap from under the sink. Ten minutes later I was rubbing soap on my chest and sliding so fast that I went beyond the plastic and tumbled through the grass. When I looked up from the bottom of the hill, Amanda was fully dressed, sliding down the hill. We ran back up and soaped up the kids, the plastic, and their rafts.
Where was Cari during all this action?
Um... she was inside making us lunch and holding a baby. Then after she finished making us lunch and setting the table we refused to come in. I know it sounds rude, but you just don't understand how incredibly fun this is. If you don't believe me, come on over and we'll set it up again. What do you want Cari to make for your lunch?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! It was 60 degreess at most while we were out west, so this 100 degree weather was a shock. I may need a slip-n-slide.

RoadRunner said...

Your always sliding towards the street.

Speed Seeker said...

lol...She could make sandwiches. ;) Those things things are a ton of fun! I remember having the Wet Banana when I was a kid and having all the relatives ending up in the shrubs...haha Great fun.

Anonymous said...

I saw some kids doing that during a walk through the neighborhood tonight and got incredibly jealous. I need to set up on in our back yard. It slopes just right for insane fun.

Aaron said...

Next time, break out the baby oil. It makes ALL the difference!

Melba said...

I remember those days...I can understand not coming in for lunch!