Friday, June 13, 2008

Tomato

No fresh tomatoes at Firehouse Subs. No fresh tomatoes at McDonald's. They have signs on the doors warning you and spreading panic across the land.

That's not really a problem for me because I almost always bring my lunch with me. I tend to pack it up the night before to make the morning easier but the other morning I didn't have my lunch made and I was running late. While I was in the shower, Cari was downstairs making my lunch for me. After getting ready I grabbed my lunch and ran out the door. When lunch came around, I sat down and looked at my sandwich. Cheese, turkey, and a slice of fresh tomato placed between two pieces of wheat bread.

I kept looking at it while I picked up my cell phone and called home. "Hey, there's a tomato on my sandwich."
She sounded confused when she replied, "I thought you like tomatoes on your sandwich."
I quizzed her, "How is it that McDonald's and every other place can't find a healthy tomato, but you found one?"

That's when she educated me on which tomatoes are safe and which ones are not. Turns out she wasn't trying to poison me.

4 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm glad your wife likes you enough not to poison you. :)

Farm Girl in MD said...

I had tomatoes on my sandwich today...not sick yet though...maybe I should be careful.

Melba said...

I know...I try not to panic about this crap, but seriously it makes me want to move to the wilderness and live off my own land!!

Mojo Jojo said...

I was watching on TV this morning which ones are save and which ones are not. One more reason to grow your own.