Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'd Rather Eat Poo!

We had a nice visit to the zoo yesterday. It's not a huge zoo, but it is beautiful to walk around and see the animals. There is a new playground being built in front of the zoo that looked like a cool place with lots of different climbing areas. We'll have to go back in a few weeks to check that out.

As I was pushing the stroller around the paths I was thinking what I would blog about. Nothing out of the ordinary caught my eye. Lots of families on a Saturday morning looking at the usual animals. I didn't even get my camera out for the first half of our tour.

At the last exhibit, I saw my topic for this post. Goats. We purchased a pack of crackers from the zoo to feed the goats. Meredith fed one goat that came up and would just about take your hand off for one of the crackers. Randy tried to feed a goat that was sitting alone on the side. The goat sniffed the cracker and then walked off. He didn't even lick it. It made me wonder what the crackers taste like. He walked over to some poo laying on the ground and tasted it. He sat down next to his snack and seemed to smile at us. It was like he was saying, "That's what I think of your crackers."

I decided not to taste the crackers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

EWWWWWWWWW!!!

One time, at Jacksonville Zoo, my husband and I stopped at the new chimp exhibit. We watched one of them eat greedily. Then he forced himself to vomit into his hand, and at the same thing again. When the smell hit the crowd... whoa baby!! Needless to say, we skipped dinner that day!!

Anonymous said...

Oops... it should have said "ate the same thing again" not "at the same thing again." *shudder*

Speed Seeker said...

I think the goats have been hanging out with the Chimp's too much. That reminded me of a video I saw of a monkey of some variety having a drink from his own personal fountain...lol

Aaron said...

So did you taste the poo?