Monday, June 02, 2008

This Place is Huge!

I was such a tourist when we took Amanda to the airport yesterday. You would have thought I've never been out of the county before. As we drove through Atlanta, and then as we sat still in traffic in Atlanta, I wondered. . . why don't they use ALL the lanes?
Maybe they save some for Monday.

We parked in a parking garage bigger than the mall and then headed into the Atlanta airport. This is an amazing structure.

A man checked Amanda's bag from the sidewalk and then her suitcase took a conveyor under the sidewalk.

The girls knew where to go, so I just followed. We left my sister in law at this security checkpoint. I watched as she navigated the maze of ropes.
Cari and I waited around for a bit to be sure Amanda didn't miss her plane. I took a few pictures inside, which I'm sure drew attention from some undercover agents, and then we headed back to the car.
Thanks to Cari's fine navigational skills, we found a different highway home and avoided the section that choked five lanes down to one.

After our trip to the big city I went home and took a nap. All the cars and people were giving me a headache. Did I mention that Amanda got home before we did?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you stand around staring UP at the buildings? Taking their photos? Smiling at strangers? Because we make fun of people that do that in NYC. :-)

Anonymous said...

Really weird to think I made it back to Illinois before you made it home. Thanks for the great 10 days. It was a blast : )

Aaron said...

Welcome to the big city.

Unlike the seemingly unhappy, I'm too important to smile at you, folks up North, we'll smile back. :)

rakethetable said...

I surprised someone didn't offer to buy you dinner - seeing you were a tourist in the big city.

You should have said somthing. You could have been to my house in about 20 mins once you left the airport.