Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Land

We have just returned from a week in the land of unsweet tea.  Also known as the Land of Lincoln.  Also known in my car as the Land of Un-ending Corn.  Also known as Illinois. 

Restaurant after restaurant, I watched as people drank, bitter, unsweet tea.  They must have some severe personal issues to drink that, I thought.  Well, it didn't take long for me to realize that it may not be the fault of the people.  It may be the fault of the restaurants FORCING people to drink their tea the wrong way.  When I tried to order my tea, I was informed that they don't even make it sweet.  

WHAT!?  Even in South Carolina you can order tea UN-sweet in many places.  So why is it in the Prairie state they can't make a pitcher of tea with sugar in it?  It's because they REFUSE to!  Is it because the SUGAR is produced in the South?  This is a case of being held back by "the man!"  

God forbid the North do anything that would benefit the South!

It's great to be home.   

1 comment:

Poptart said...

Say it ain't so!!!!