Thursday, May 18, 2006

Cake

We were invited to a friend's house for dinner. We offered to bring dessert. As we pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store, Cari told me that she was really looking forward to some carrot cake.

"Carrot cake?", I asked with disgust.
"Everyone loves carrot cake. That's what I'm getting.", she replied.

I wouldn't give up that easy.

The debate continued and I started pushing for German Chocolate. Both children were in the back seat and the word chocolate got their attention. Now both of them were whining for German Chocolate too. Cari couldn't fight the power of two children desperate for chocolate. She decided to go and buy a half cake of each.

After we ate dinner our hosts brought the two cakes to the table. They told us we didn't have to bring two cakes. "Oh, yes we did.", Cari said. That was her chance to tell them how I fought like a little kid for some chocolate cake.

After trying unsuccessfully defend my self it was time to eat.

Cari took a piece of carrot cake. Our host took a piece of carrot. His wife stared at the carrot cake. I started getting nervous. My entire argument for chocolate was that everyone would prefer it over carrot. After tearing up my nerves, the wife took a piece of chocolate.

Now it was my turn. Truth be known, I wanted a piece of carrot cake. After the huge scene I caused in the parking lot, there was NO WAY I could get anything but chocolate.

Until now, Cari never knew how bad I really wanted to eat that carrot cake.

2 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

Nice! Arguments over cake...lol Carrot cake is okay, but only if it has lots of icing on it. The German Chocolate does sound good though and I'm not one for chocolate cakes. Like the saying goes...You can't have your cake and eat it too, but in this instance, you had the choice of 2 cakes and could eat either one...lol I can't wait to be married and have arguments over cake just to have kids add fire or water to what it is you are trying to convey to your lovely other half. ;)

Michelle said...

D.H.

That was below the belt. Kel knows better than to mess with me and my desert.