Friday, May 12, 2006

Girl Upgraded

Guess where we went today. Give up? We went to Walmart. Are you surprised?
You shouldn't be.

While at Walmart Meredith decided she wanted her ears pierced. This is something Cari and her have been talking about for a week.

So we headed to the jewelry department. The lady at the counter was very nice. Meredith said she would be brave.

After we cleaned and marked her ears the first one went in. Meredith just had a blank look on her face. The Walmart employee got ready for the second ear. All of a sudden Meredith broke down crying. "It hurt!", she said as she climbed into Cari's lap. The employee looked at me with that "I told you so" look. She warned us ahead of time that she would do one at a time and sometimes young ones freak out.

Well, I gave her that "just do your job" look in return. She finished preparing her tools. This time Meredith sat in Cari's lap, still crying (Meredith, not Cari). The needle went in quick. We were done. Now Meredith is running around showing and telling everyone she bumps into about her pretty ears.

Next week we are getting her nose pierced. . . over my dead body.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Her ears look very pretty. I was 12 when I got mine done and I cried too. It really does hurt!!! What a brave little girl you have.