Wednesday, May 24, 2006

New Shoes

I got new shoes yesterday. Four new GoodYears. My old ones were wore down so much in the front they looked like racing slicks.
When you shop for tires there are lots of choices. I'm not a good shopper, so Cari ran this errand for me while I was at work. I asked her to get which ever set she felt was best. Any of them that were NOT Michelin tires.

"What's wrong with Michelin?", she asked.
"They are French.", I replied. "Any other tire will do just fine."

Driving to work today I could really feel the difference. There were a couple of corners that I used to slow below 20 mph because I could feel the tires slipping on the road. Not anymore. I can really push the car now. I can make it to work in about thirty seconds less time now.

Add that to the three minutes I shaved off my shower by only washing a 1/3 of my body a day, and now I can hit snooze one extra time every morning.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Poor Cari!!!! HEHE

John said...

Yeah. French tires. I'm with you.

I still like French Toast, though.