Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Ultra Serious!

We went to a park on Memorial Day. As we drove in, the posted speed limit was 20 mph. I didn't find that too unusual. With kids playing near the small road and families playing ball, there is no need to drive forty plus toward your picnic area.
The part that caught that our attention was the sign below the speed limit.

"Radar Enforced"

WHAT??!!! These guys are serious. Is the park service paying an officer to monitor cars coming in? We imagined a cop hiding in the bushes, mounted on his bicycle. He would ring the bell on the handlebar.

"Do you realize how fast you were driving?", he would ask.
"Sir, maybe 23 miles per hour.", I would answer nervously.

On my way out of the park I would pay my ten dollar fine and have to attend driving school.

Because it was a holiday I knew they would be patrolling heavily. I drove with extreme caution and kept it below 20. We also took the beer out of Cari's hand until we parked the car.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I had to get my liscens re-newed, and my right eye failed the eye test but my left passed. They still gave me the liscnes, because only one eye has to pass. That really explains a lot about Kenosha drivers.
I heard once that no one ever leaves a wedding early because the cake is awful, or the food luke warm, or the photographer bossy. But people will leave early if the D.J. is a bust.