Thursday, May 18, 2006

The punch line

Time for a joke.

My brother is getting married in about a week. Meredith will be a flower girl in the wedding. This means we had to purchase a specific dress to keep her in "uniform".

Today Cari put some curls in Meredith's hair and put the dress on her. I took a few pictures and Cari said she wanted to send one to Becky (the bride).

Here's the picture:This started a string of e-mails.

Becky wrote:
So CUTE! She looks adorable!!
The dress doesn't look white though...is that just me?
Cari wrote:
It didn't look white to us either.

Becky wrote:
:/ I am a little worried that she won't match Amy...I'll forward the pic to Aunt Linda...
Oh well! I guess it's too late now if they don't match!!

Oh, her Aunt is getting involved. Time to send another picture.
This is the real picture. The first one just had a bit of photoshop.

So we have a bride that is a week away from the wedding. Do you think she has anything to do except worry about a yellow dress? After we sent her the real picture we got another e-mail.

Becky wrote:
...I freaked out...forwarded the pic to my Aunt Linda...called stores that carry the dress in Chicago to see if they have any in stock...
I am SOOO getting you back!! :-P
Haha...
Becky =)
Cari felt guilty after reading that. Initally, Cari didn't want to go along with this joke. It took a lot of prodding from me to get her buy in. After the first e-mail came back asking about the color being right, it took more prodding to keep Cari in the game for one more e-mail. I wanted to be absolutly sure the bride was falling for it. When I saw that the Aunt got involved I figured Becky was freaking out.

PERFECT!

Her very last e-mail to us tonight said we should sleep with one eye open at the hotel next week.
Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

While I was in the hospital with Audrey I watched T.L.C. bridezilla stories. If you ever catch the show you may not have risked it. Those women were intense.

P.S. Faith is adjusting pretty well. But Kel has been home so we will see how it goes next week. How did you guys help Randy to adjust?

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

It was a funny joke that I totally should have expected from the Duckhunter...I just didn't think that he would pull a joke using his wife. Tricky tricky...

See you next weekend! 9 more days until I become a part of your family...should I be having second thoughts after what you just pulled??

~Becky

Tammy said...

Oh you are very brave. Adding stress to a bride this close to the wedding???? Bad boy;) Hope she doesnt get her revenge too Harshly..hehe. Sounds like something the lovely people in my family would do. Have fun. Meredith does look adorable.

John said...

Bravo!!!!

You should use a whoopie cushion for the ring pillow. Tell Meredith to sqeeze when they pull the rings off . . . (oh wait, flower girl . . . hmm, you'll have to work on that . . .)