Sunday, October 02, 2005

Amazing!


I enjoy watching the Amazing Race every season. For those not familiar with the show, it is a contest that sends couples all around the globe in a race. At every stop they have various challenges to complete. At the end of each segment the last team to the check-in, is eliminated. The couples can be best friends, sisters, married couple, father-son, etc. . .

As you are watching, text will appear at the bottom of the screen reminding you what team you are watching. If you are watching the married couple scream at each other you will see "Married Couple" over at the bottom left of your screen.

The new Amazing Race is families this time around. I sat down to watch this last week. There was a black family trying to complete a challenge, and down at the bottom right, "Black Family".

"Cari, I think CBS has lost their minds!", I told her as I hit rewind to verify what I had just seen.
Always calm, Cari responded, "That's their last name."
I repeated what I just learned, "The black family is the Black family."

1 comment:

John said...

Okay . . . that's funny. Mainly I just sit around saying, "What'd he say . . . I can see my retirement now - I'll sit around saying "what?" while my wife yells.