Thursday, October 06, 2005

Third time is the charm

This is the third time I have written in this blank spot tonight. I scratched my first two attempts. Maybe my idea wasn't fully thought out. Maybe it wasn't as interesting as I was writing it. Maybe I'm not in a mood to write.

My original idea was about Mr. Attitude. He is Jonah. Open your bible and read the book of Jonah, it's about two pages. This guy is all about attitude.

See, that wasn't worth a long essay. I got my point across in three sentences.

The second thing I wanted to tell you about is bedtime. Not putting the children to bed, but about the times that Cari and I get to bed at the same time. This woman is crazy. "You're on my side.", she tells me last night. I was facing the wall when I heard her.

Without turning, "I'm all the way on the edge."
"You are on my side.", she repeats as she nudges me.
Before I say anything else, her foot pushes me closer to the wall. "What is your problem?", I ask as I grab up ninety percent of the blankets.
This goes on for about ten minutes with me almost falling off the bed twice. I only want to get some sleep, but she insists on living on rules from a five year old. She gets up for a minute and I put a hard cover book in her pillow case. It's dark in the room, but when she lays back down, "thunk". Victory is mine.

The third item on the agenda is the dog.













Out playing with the camera, got several pictures of the dog in action.













Next week:
More from Rick's World!
Camping in Georgia!
Sailing the seas as a Pirate!
and a new video is coming soon!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can imagine the large leaf slithering through the forest like a snake approaching Johna. He is a little started at first, and although secretly he is happy about the leaf. Instead he has to be spoiled and tell God to shove his leaf. I guy like that deserves a sun burnt forhead.

I tell Kelly not to move the covers when he comes to bed. I think I got worse sleep my first year of marriage adjusting to sleeping next to him than when Faith was first born.