Monday, October 17, 2005

A solution for every problem.

Saturday night at camp, we sat at the picnic table and played cards. During that time, I had no less than two daddy long leg spiders climb down from my head. How they got there, I'm not sure. Did they climb up my back? Did they jump from the trees? I don't know, I just don't want them climbing on me. When I went to bed, there were two spiders climbing the side of the tent. What kind of freak place is this? For every problem, there is a solution. Cari said she wanted to get the insect spray out.
"You realize this is the place spiders live.", I told her as we stood in the woods. Her solution was not approved.
(Probably not the best place for Randy to take a break)

Sunday morning I checked myself for spiders. After being cleared of arachnids, we headed back to the park. We saw a 4-D movie that Meredith did not like. If you are not sure what 4-D is, it is a 3D movie that adds in things like spraying water on you, blowing wind, etc. . . It was very cool.

The mountain kept calling out to me, so the boy and I made it our mission to hike to the top. The plan would be to hike up the 1.3 mile trail and take the skylift down.

Sunday afternoon went very well. Sunday night was not as well.
I like flashlights. Going camping is a good opportunity to use them. I had my new MILLION candle power spot light with me. It's a bit too powerful in our small tent. We used it. . . until the battery died. The light came with a car charger . . . that I left at home.

I grab one of my 4-cell maglights out of the car. click. click. Batteries are dead. Pop the trunk and pull out another 4-cell. click. We have light! The light faded after fifteen minutes and I was sitting in the dark.

The journal I was keeping had to be written in the dark. Those notes are useless now because I can not even read the writing. Maybe I'll scan them in one day and see if you can make them out. Cari had great pleasure pointing out my love for flashlights, and then not being able to produce a decent one for three nights of camping.

For every problem, there is a solution. The solution is that I will need to buy a new flashlight. One that cranks to generate power. NO batteries to worry about. Cari doesn't know about my solution (until she reads this), so funding on this project has not yet been approved (and probably won't be).

Monday was our last day at the park, and would be my last opportunity to climb Stone Mountain. Did I make it?

1 comment:

John said...

vote=yes. But, you probably didn't use the Spiderman technique.