Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm a MAN

Someone at work today was going to buy a portable carpet cleaner. It can be used to clean fabric chairs and upholstery. Somehow the discussion came to me and how I could use one of those to clean my car.

"That's women's work.", I said. That statement didn't seem to go over well with the one woman in the room. After getting questionable looks, I restated my position on not purchasing one of those things.

As people were walking by the office, they were sucked into our conversation. Two other men that walked in stood beside me in my view of women's work. One other man, that really was pushing for more trouble, claimed there was no such "woman's work". Just that everyone should work together. He obviously is a confused individual and living in some alternate reality.

What is woman's work? That definition doesn't need to be listed here, you all know the answer.
It was suggested that I would be a good candidate for one of those wife swap shows.
It would go like this:

Me: (as I open my empty closet) "Where are my clothes?"
wife swap woman: "Probably in the laundry, where you left them."
Me: "You didn't wash them yet?"
wife swap bit*h: "they are your clothes, you should wash them."
Me: "that's women's work!"

That would be a short episode.