Saturday, October 29, 2005

Yet another hike


The picture above is a small panoramic I made by stitching a few photos together. This was taken while standing about 3200 ft above sea level. Thankfully, they had a railing to hold onto.

Went for a hike yesterday morning. We were searching out a waterfall that I had not seen yet.

I've seen it now. I'll spare you the hour and twenty minute walk through the woods to find it. Even better, I'll spare you the hour and forty minute walk out as you climb uphill.This is Raven Cliff falls. From top to bottom, it is about a 400ft drop. You can see the leaves are starting to change colors up in the mountains. It was a beautiful sight.

It was cold, very cold, as we hiked. Finding something like this makes you forget how cold it is, for a few minutes.

Then last night, Randy and I went camping with the cubscouts. We camped at the Scout campground, so there were a lot of activities for us. The temperature dropped below 40, so it made for a rough night. Believe it or not, I left my camera at home for this outing. It seems I have pictures for everything I do, but I intentional left it behind for this camp out.

Randy and I had a great time last night. This morning was even better. He got to shoot bb guns and use a bow and arrow. His bb gun paper target survived without a scratch.
We also did fire building and hiking this morning.

I'm getting tired after yesterday and today, but the fun has not ended. I'm heading out early in the morning toward Atlanta. Cari and I will be sitting 56 rows up from the Atlanta Motor Speedway to watch the Nascar race tomorrow afternoon.

I must sleep now.

No comments: