Sunday, February 05, 2006

Are you the biggest LOSER?


No, this is not going to be about that television show. I couldn't stand to watch more than five minutes of that program. If you like it, good for you. I won't hold that against you. There are people that would also waste their lives watching Scrubs. Another show I'm waiting to get cancelled.

So, what is this about? This IS about weight loss.
Last year a group at work decided to work toward losing weight together. They formed themselves into a support group. They split into two teams to add some of that competitive spirit. That's a great idea. Too bad it wasn't for everyone. I tried to sign up. I was laughed at. I was spit upon. I was ridiculed. Well, I really did get laughed at. For me, it wasn't about losing weight, it was about being healthy. Guess only certain elite are allowed to compete at being healthy.

That contest has ended. It is time to start again. Seeing the sign up sheet on a desk at work, I signed up. My goal to lose was 180 lbs. That would put me at about -20 lbs. Again I was laughed at and my feelings hurt.

Then they let me in. Why the sudden change of heart?
Maybe it's because since the first contest started I have become the boss of the leader of this elite fat group.

There are no teams this time. There is a pyramid graph to show where everyone is at. The more you lose, the higher you go.

How much weight do I need to lose? Probably no more than a few pounds. I'm not in it for that. I'm also not in it for the health part of it. The sole reason I'm in this is so I can beat Rick. The bet is that I can't lose 1/2 of what he loses.

During the first three weeks I have dropped every week. -1, -1, -two tenths. Rick has done much better than me but slow and steady wins the race.

I'm going to finish my ice cream!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok 2 thoughts...1. perhaps the second round you were showing your holiday weight a bit more... and 2. You were a winner just to keep trying until you were accepted! Way to go... did you exercise after that ice cream??

Michelle said...

Oh what is that movie called with the new batman in it? Once you get down to 20lbs I think you will be the spitting image of him.

Michelle said...

I think its The Machineist!!

John said...

Ohh, -20! You and Kate Moss!