Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Revenge! (Nascar style)

You will want to remember what happened last week to fully understand this.Exactly one week after I was wrecked several times by another driver, I was still angry.
This time I started in the rear of the field. After several pit stops during cautions, I found myself in third place. I hardly had enough fuel to make it to the end and I knew the first and second place cars would need to stop. The lead became mine when they pitted. They fell almost a full lap down to me. For the next sixteen laps I led the race, trying my best to save fuel.
Disaster struck with about five laps to go. The caution came out and the two guys that pitted were sitting right behind me. They had much fresher tires and would be much faster for the final two green flag laps. One of those guys was the guilty one from last week. While under caution I warned him that if he tried to pass me it could get ugly. Maybe he didn't hear me. Maybe he didn't believe me. It didn't really matter.
Going into the last corner of the last lap I forgot to brake. I also cut the wheel to the right and destroyed both of our cars. He made a comment about me getting my revenge. I didn't say anything. I was so happy. In my chair at home I had the biggest smile.

But he wouldn't give up. In a car with three wheels, he drove in reverse along the wall toward the finish line.
I drove my own injured car on a mission straight for him. He would NOT beat me to the line!
My second hit flipped his car upside down and he never made it to the finish line.

The result:

The guy I wrecked is one of the administrators of the group. He and another admin got into a private discussion. After about fifteen minutes I was pulled into their private talk.

Admin2: What happened tonight? Did you come into the corner too hot? Tires give out?
ME: Well, he got beside me and I cut the wheel into him.
Admin2: You wrecked admin1 on purpose? (He said this with disbelief)
ME: That's correct, I intentionally wrecked him. I warned him that I would do so.
Admin2: (he seemed at a loss of words) Well, we can't just go around doing that.
ME: I know that.
Admin1: (obviously very upset) I can't believe you would give up second place to do that.
Admin2: Does this have anything to do with last week.
ME: It has everything to do with last week and it's over now.

These guys must be CSI or some crap. I was furious after last week and then the next week I wreck that car. After I told him twice I drove into the other car on purpose it was like he didn't want to believe it. They decided I needed some kind of punishment. Whatever, I was on cloud nine after getting my revenge. Especially after I heard it in his voice how upset he was.
They decided, with my help, that the punishment would be to take away 100 points. I dropped from second in the standings to fourth. They could have taken a thousand points away and I would have still been very satisfied.

If I could do it over, would I do it again? Absolutely.

2 comments:

John said...

So, do you win a virtual cup?

Duck Hunter said...

We don't worry too much about any cups. More just bragging rights.

This year I'll just be bragging about this wreck.