Friday, February 17, 2006

Good Morning!

Still laying in bed this morning, I twisted my head around to look out of the window. It was still dark. It was just before seven. After debating in my head for a few minutes I decided to go for it. I jumped up and got dressed quickly. Grabbed my camera, poured some coffee, and headed out the door.

I was going to hike today but there was a threat of rain. Last night I decided to cancel my hike. So, where was I going in such a hurry? Since I woke up early I decided to head up to Glassy Mountain and take some pictures of the sun coming up. There were only two problems I encountered. The first was that once up on Glassy Mountain, I realized the sun was on the other side of the hill. Only a minor problem, because the early morning light would still give me some of the color I was looking for. The second problem was that I forgot about the threat of rain. Driving down my street, I noticed several small drops of rain on the windshield. Thankfully, it was not raining on the mountain.

As the sun rises, the light changes VERY quickly. I took these two pictures exactly five minutes apart from each other.
Sitting up there you don't hear any cars. You don't hear any airplanes. There are no other sounds of people. That doesn't mean it's quiet up there. Sounds of roosters fill the air. When they take a break, the moo'ing of cows fill the space.

On my short hike back out I came across this rose in the path. It couldn't have been there more than over night because it still had so much color. As I stopped to take this picture I thought about the story that may be behind this rose. Did someone drop it intentionally because of hurt feelings? Did someone receive a dozen roses and this one fell as she walked back? Was there a proposal involved?

I skipped my hike and found some great scenes this morning.

By the way, it never did rain today.

1 comment:

John said...

I love found objects like that . . . you can imagine six stories. Mine would end with lions eating both of them.