Friday, March 17, 2006

Busy week

I haven't written very much lately because I've been working a lot. I also haven't been reading the blogs I like to read this week. I hope to catch up soon.

Here is something that happened at work early this week.

I went out to see a customer about his floor. After he removed the tobacco from his lip his was able to describe the problem he was having. I stooped down and was checking the area and the guy was right next to me.

"Those are some nice prison shoes you got on.", he said to me. I wasn't really sure what to say. They are black dress shoes to me. Not really dress shoes I guess, but shiny black shoes I wear to work. He continued without my reply, "I have some too." This made me think he was trying to be friends. I looked up from the floor and smiled at him. This gave him the feeling to keep up the conversation. "My prison shoes are brown, not black like yours."

Ok. This is getting weird. I glanced over at his shoes. He was wearing some old sneakers that had holes big enough to see he wasn't wearing socks. He must have caught my glance because he said, "I'm not wearing them right now." I didn't reply, but I had several rushed into my head.

The next day I came to put some caulking in the area he needed help with. I asked if I could get my paper towel wet. He took the towel and put some water on it for me. Then he said, "If you need more, I have plenty of it." He didn't really sound like he was kidding.

Oh, and he still wasn't wearing his brown prison shoes.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

i'm creeped out by that story.