Wednesday, March 29, 2006

new things coming

We recently got a new video card. It took away the capability to get video from our old camcorder onto the computer.

So, we went and got a new camcorder. This one is digital and uses Firewire to download to the computer. This means I hope to have more videos on here again soon. All the previous videos on this site were low resolution from our camera.

Getting the camcorder to work with the computer was not fun. First we spent $50 buying a firewire card to give the cord a place to plug in. Then I spent a night trying to make that card work and recognize when the camera was plugged in. It wasn't working and I had no way to test where the problem was. This is my only firewire device so I wasn't sure if it was camera, cable, new board, or computer.

Cari took the camera and cable to another computer and said it worked great. At least I knew how to narrow my search after that. To make a two day story into anther two sentences: Iit was the motherboard. I had the proper cables in a box.

Camera gets along great with the computer now. Last thing I will have to do is find a place I can upload these videos. I don't really want to pay a monthly charge for uploading my videos. Can anyone recommend a place that is near free to hold my videos?

More excitement coming tomorrow.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Spielberg = Duck Hunter :)

Speed Seeker said...

You can use Putfile.com, but they only allow 25MB worth of stuff, so if you can convert them into .WMV Format, you should be fine with a couple shorts vids. Also, if your internet provider allows web pages, you could upload it to their space and link from there. Can be a little tedious, but it works. Again you'll probably be limited by the size of video's that be put on your space.