Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's in the shoes

Cari had a lot of pride when she showed off her new shoes to me. The problem for me is that I'm not a girl. I have brown shoes for work, black shoes for church, white tennis shoes for being outside. Maybe that's why Cari's new green shoes scared me. She asked me what I thought of them. After a quiet chuckle, I told her the shoes should be on the blog. She smiled and agreed. The problem was the reason I wanted them on the blog, and the reason she felt they should be here didn't match.

I was preparing to poke fun at the green shoes.

That was until the green shoes attacked her feet. After that happened, making fun, would just be rubbing salt in the wounds.

Yesterday Cari wore the shoes for the first time. An hour later I saw the green shoes laying under a table. They didn't have any feet in them. "Cari, what happened to your awesome shoes?", I asked her.She turned and showed me the back of her ankles. In just an hour of wear, she developed blisters, the blisters broke, and she bled all over her green shoes. I put the salt down and decided to try and be nice. She said the shoes were so horrible they would be going back to the store on Monday. Cari was pretty disappointed they didn't work out.Last night when we were preparing to go out again she asked which pair of shoes would be better.

I chose the white tennis shoes of course.

2 comments:

John said...

Emotions. Caring about people. Complicated rules for friends. Shoes that were banned by the Geneva Convention.

Dang, I'm glad I'm a guy.

Michelle said...

Must be a typical trait of Cari's to love shoes. Carie Bradshaw loved shoes too. But she was not as wise as your wife scraficing her feet for fashion.