Sunday, March 12, 2006

Signs of Spring

One of the first signs that winter has ended in our area are the flowering pear trees. They are really the first tree to start blooming and putting color in the fields of grey and brown branches.
There are a lot of pear trees around town. The drive to work is littered with these white trees.

We had our windows open last night and one of the neighbors had his mower cranked up first thing this morning. Ah! Spring time!
That's always the way I want to start my morning. Nothing more peaceful than a mower desperate for a tune up chewing on pine cones. I sure hope you read a lot of sarcasm into that last sentence.

The birds have been attacking my feeder at a record pace. They don't seem to get much fatter, so I'm not sure where the thirty pounds of seed I put in last week went.

I'm pretty excited about spring. It will give my mountain hikes a completely different look too.

3 comments:

John said...

Ahhh, spring. In about two and a half months.

Tammy said...

We still get snow in May so I have a bit to wait yet!!

GoGo said...

Make it go AWAY!!!!

March and February traded places on the west coast.

Its been 2 weeks of winter over here.

Winter as in snowing above 3000 feet.