Thursday, July 05, 2007

It's over! . . . mostly.

Back on June 9th I played photographer for a wedding. On the way home from the wedding I remember questioning myself to Cari. Did I get all the right shots? Did I set the camera up correctly? Will the bride be happy?

After getting home and sorting the photos, I honestly didn't feel a lot better. After about two hours, I really saw what I had taken and felt MUCH better.

Roughly fifteen hours of work went into this photos. Fifteen hours of sorting and ranking to find the best. Then adjusting the exposure, the crop, controlling the shadows and color.

Then I went on vacation. When we got back, I called the bride and told her I had 132 photos ready for her review. She would need to select ten to be printed as 8x10.

The bride and groom came over tonight. I used my dual monitor setup to make this run smoothly. I set the monitors to mirror each other. While watching on one monitor from behind the desk, I flipped the other around for them to view across from me.

As they selected photos, I marked them in the software. Then we viewed just those, to narrow down the 8x10.

They were very happy with the pictures we got for them. NOW, I can rest my mind. The bride liked them.

I gave her two CD's. Each contained a .pdf of the photos (marked with my name and e-mail on the photo).

I just uploaded and ordered her selection and now I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

If the bride liked them, then you know you did a good job!

Duck Hunter said...

LOL! I was just scrolling down my blog, and I saw "IT'S OVER!" and then the picture under that.

That's not the impression I was trying to give. BAD positioning or bad title.