Thursday, July 26, 2007

What he did yesterday.

Randy had a friend over yesterday and they played outside for a while. I was at work, so when I got home, I asked Randy how his day was. "What did you do today?", I asked.

He answered that he and his friend planted a tree. He must have really liked my surprised expression, because he had a big smile. I asked where he planted the tree and he told me it was in our back yard.
I walked out there to find out what was planted and where it was planted.

As I got out there I realized I wouldn't have to ask him where it was planted. What I found was a lawnmower killer. Maybe some sort of strange sacrificial temple.

He was proud of his work, proven by his expression as I examined his work in the CENTER of our back yard. "It's a fence.", he said, smiling.

Good work, I thought. He was protecting his sapling. They had planted an acorn from the nearby oak tree.

After I took a few shots of it, I went inside. I left the fence and the acorn in place for now.

This was better than the two boys' project a few months ago. "Digging a hole to China". The hole started in our yard.

Maybe I should just put the shovels away.

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

Well, it's definitely preferable to a huge hole to China in your backyard. lol

Michelle said...

Dare I ask what the pink tint is from?

Duck Hunter said...

just a piece of orange foam I was reflecting the flash off of. Just for effect. You don't like it?

rakethetable said...

I am impressed.
We just cut trees down as kids. We never thought about planting one.