Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Relaxing Moment

At the time, it had been a while since getting out to take photos. I found a spot to go while driving to work. It was a spot that I drive past going to and coming home from work each day. I just never noticed it before. Right there, on the side of the road is a patch of sunflowers.

My first day off after making the discovery, I got up and going earlier than normal. I jumped in the car with my gear and got out to the patch.

It was really nice to get out and get some shots taken. The sun was still a bit lower in the sky, so the lighting was great. I got down on my knees among the flowers taking shots. It didn't take long to notice all the bees buzzing around. I tried to ignore them, but they were all around me. Twice, they seemed to buzz a little closer. It was as if they were checking me out. I jumped up those two times and thought about leaving. I was able to calm myself and continue.

I didn't use the flash much for these shots but wanted to see what I could create with some off camera flash. My first attempt was a bit strong:

I made a few adjustments and it came out better:

It was great to get out and make some photos for a little bit. Always a very calming experience for me.

No comments: