Sunday, November 23, 2008

Found It!

Last week I got a phone call at work from a peer that works at a different location.  He started talking to me about GPS units and geocaching.  We have never talked before but a mutual friend tipped him off that I have done some geocaching.  I haven't done much geocaching in a long time and that phone call got me interested again.  

The next day I had an out of town meeting and when I got back to town I saw a guy standing near a hidden cache.  He was holding a GPS and looking stumped.  I parked my car and watched him for a minute.  I didn't want to walk up and tell him where it was until he was about to give up.  He looked down at his GPS, walked around a bit, and then looked at his car.  I walked up and asked him how many caches he has found.  He laughed and then said he had been to that spot three times with no success.   I gave him a hint and he found it while we talked.  He gave me a hint on a nearby one that I was unable to find in the past.

NOW my mind was set for geocaching.  I went home and did a search for anything new near home or work and found several.  I spent my lunch hour on Friday finding four caches including the one that stumped me in the past.  

This morning I got up and told my family to be prepared for some geocaching after church.  I can't explain the excitement (or lack of) in their expressions.  There are four to go get today and they are all within ten minutes of the house.   If nothing else, the forty degree temperature will get the kids motivated.

No comments: