Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wii Vote

If you have a Wii and you have it connected online then I hope you have tried Wii Vote.   
For those of you that don't have a Wii or it is not online, I'll explain.  

There are approximately three nation wide questions posted on Wii Vote at any time, plus one world wide poll.  The questions are pretty basic and give you a choice of two answers.  It only takes a minute to choose and submit your answer and then guess what will be the most popular answer.  When you log onto Wii Vote a few days later you can see the results on a map.  

A question might be "Have you eaten at a restaurant in the past week.", or "Can you speak more than two languages?"  That last question was a world wide poll.   It is interesting to see how the different countries rank in their answers.  On the national polls, you can see a map where each state is colored for how they voted.  I'm never surprised when California doesn't match most of the other states.  You can also see results based on male / female responses and what percentage of people guessed the popular answer correctly.  

Also on Wii Vote you can submit questions for them to use.  Randy suggested the following question, 
"Do you have a Wii?"  - Yes or No .      I started to type it in and then realized I got caught in one of his jokes.  I looked back at him and he was trying to hold back his laughter.  Then I playfully shouted back, "Of course they have a Wii!  It's the only way they can take the poll!"

2 comments:

rakethetable said...

Dec 25th - Our Wii arrives. (I actually took it for a test drive on Saturday - it works!)

Until then, it stays hidden (darn it).

Farm Girl in MD said...

I am hoping for one for Christmas. We'll see!