Thursday, November 27, 2008

KING!

We picked a game for the Wii called Animal Crossing. The game is pretty basic. You walk around an animated town trying to collect furniture, flooring, wallpaper, and clothes. You can fish, collect bugs, and write letters to other characters. No, its not an exciting game. Not unless you play at our house.

Each of us have our own character and our own house in the town that we all share. Meredith and Cari play the game as you would expect. They collect items and send each other presents. Randy's style is more about torture. He loves to rip your flowers from the ground and heaven forbid if you leave any of your items lying about. He will quickly snatch them up and bury them somewhere in town. Good luck finding that rare totem pole!

Me? I like to fish for corpses floating down stream
and I like changing the town flag to declare myself KING of the town.
You should have seen their reaction the morning I printed that picture out and left it for them to find on the kitchen counter. Cari said there was a LOT of protesting. Randy couldn't wait to get home and tear up my flowers!
I would love to tell you more, but I need to go declare a $1,000 tax on my kingdom for Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

RoadRunner said...

lol, I've never seen a kids nintendo game with bodies floating in the river. Thats a little messed up. I could only imagine what poptart would do with a game like that.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Animal Crossing!! Have played it for years on my Nintendo DS. It's a lot of mindless fun. I paid off my loan, walked around, decorated, catch bugs and fish and donate them to the museum, send scathing letters to my neighbors. Sometimes I poked them for no good reason when I wanted them to move out. My favorite thing was to go visit OTHER towns and shop in their stores and create a tshirt design for the people that live there to find. Lots of fun. This is one of those things on my wish list for Christmas so I hope I get it. My little girl plays my DS one now... but this way we can BOTH play the Wii version together. :)

Is that really a corpse?!

Anonymous said...

Did the pirate get stung by a bee?

Melba said...

I LOVE Animal Crossing but haven't yet played it on wii...hopefully this Christmas will bring that treat! :)

melba