Thursday, January 15, 2009

Four Times to the Top

I just got back from another hike to the top of Tablerock. This was my third time hiking the trail. Today I went with my friend Doug. We had a great time hiking up to the top on this cold January day. It was around thirty degrees when we started out this morning and there was ice in some areas near the top. Maybe because of the weather, but we didn't see anyone else out there until we were almost down this afternoon.

We took a photo when we reached the summit and then we continued on the trail where we took a short break in the clearing. After a few photos we started our trip down. We walked what seemed like half or three quarters of a mile down when I realized that I left my walking stick in the clearing at the top.
I really didn't want to leave my stick behind, but I told Doug I wasn't going to make him re-hike to the top and back. He said it was no problem, so we went back for my stick. He pointed out the stick earned extra value today because of the effort to reclaim it.
After retreiving my stick, we passed by the summit sign for the fourth time. I took a picture of Doug to remember the moment.
The total hike was 6.1 miles and a lot of up and down. My legs are tired but I'm sure I won't really feel it until tomorrow. Wish me luck at work in the morning.

No comments: