Friday, May 20, 2005

Battle of Central

Civil War. War between the states. Blue vs Grey.
There is a civil war reenactment this weekend in a town called Central not to far from home (15 minutes). We will be heading up there on Saturday to check it out, so Cari and I were discussing what we would wear last night.

She said she would probably wear one of her shirts with the American flag on it.
"You are not serious!", I responded.
"Uh, yeah.", she couldn't figure my questioning of her.
"You are in the friggin' south. Going to a civil war battle. You will not wear the wrong color.", I explained.

In fact I hope to purchase a civil war style army hat. One I would probably wear one time a year.
Cari argued that our families were not from the South, and we should go waving giant American flags. I'm just not comfortable going to a redneck party, full of confederate battle flags, and rooting for the other team. I'm not saying I will be a rebel flag flying redneck, but I will not be singled out as the "yankee".

This prompted a discussion about at the end of the battle. Will everyone go home sad?
I'll take plenty of pictures and I'm certain I'll have some excellent stories to tell when we get back.

I just hope I can keep Cari's enthusiasm controlled when the Union soldiers slaughter the guys in Grey.

No comments: