Thursday, May 12, 2005

Why Me?

I spent a good portion of my day off working in the yard with Cari today.
Just before it was time to pick up Randy from school, I was going around with the hedge clippers. We have a row of holly bushes on the front and side of the house, and they were due for some shaping. I'm not as good as Edward Scissorhands, I'm just trying to achieve a simple box look.

I noticed time was running out, so I started moving a bit quicker. Ok, I was moving franticly. You would think I was in a race. Cari was across the yard, pulling weeds. I rounded the corner and kept hacking away at the bushes. Then it happened.

I dropped the hedge clippers.

With my hands to my head I started screaming.

Cari came running over as I fell to my knees.

"What? What happened? Are you alright?", she was looking me over for blood.
I just pointed toward the holly plant in front of me.
"I cut a wire coming out of the satellite dish!", I cried.
We looked at each other with some amount of fear. There are four cables coming out of the dish, and into the house. Would the cut cable effect our beloved TiVo?
Now, Cari became really concerned, "Which TV is that? Is it. . .TiVo?"
I ran inside and turned on the TV. I got a clear picture. I switched to the second TiVo tuner and got a picture. Whew.
Bedroom TV checked out ok also.
I have a cable running into the video card on the computer also. Started up the TV program on the computer. . . "Searching for signal." This was the best case situation if a wire had to be cut.
I tried to piece it together by hand a bit, but that did nothing. I'll have to buy a coupler and piece it back.
That was a close call.

No comments: