Saturday, May 07, 2005

Horseshoes

We have a new game.

When you play horseshoes, or read about it, you will certainly remember the clank as the shoe hits the metal post. Not the way I play. Watching me play, the only sound you will remember is "thud", as the shoe hits the dirt at least five feet away from the post. Occasionally, I hit a rock in the yard, and a smile comes across my face to hear that clank.

When we bought the set, I felt like I was getting a small set. A total of four horseshoes in the set. That means only two throws per person. There is no way I can even come close in only two shots. Why don't they include at least three per person?
Cari was very quick to answer my question, "How many horses have you seen with SIX feet?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kel and his fam are die hard horse shoe fans. They have even dug sand pits and will play well into a sun burn. sun screen makes the hands slippery for throwing, and being fair skined none of them are very equiped for prolonged sun shine.
hope it doesn't become as addictive for you guys.