Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Two objects can not occupy the same space

The other night we had such bad lightning storms that the thunder woke even ME up. My alarm clock, sitting in my room, can not wake me up after it rings for twenty minutes solid. You get the idea that this was some serious thunder storm. It also woke Meredith up. Her room is upstairs, and she stood at the top of the stairs screaming until Cari went and got her.

She asked if she could sleep with us, and on a rare occasion, Cari allowed it. When I woke up, Meredith was on the couch. As I slept, this conversation took place in the middle of the night.

Meredith: Mom, I need to sleep on the couch.
Cari: why?
Meredith: because dad is squishing me.
Cari: yeah. Go ahead to the couch, I'll help you.

This gets filed under: children who don't like to sleep with their parents.

No comments: