Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Priorities

We spent all day yesterday finishing up our laminate floor project. I took the carpet out of the living room, ripped up the padding, and pulled the staples from the plywood. Everywhere except the corner where the TV is.
The grey box on its side in this picture is TiVo.

We couldn't unplug TiVo. When we finally made it to the corner, Cari and I both started laughing at ourselves. We didn't want to disable TiVo, or unplug any of the surround sound speakers, so we were willing to install floor under this spider web of wires. Television, more specifically, TiVo, is so important we couldn't miss it for even an hour. Contrast that to this post at a blog I read.

There were some tense moments as Cari crunched herself in the corner, trying desperately to not snag a wire. I would look over and check vital signs from time to time (is the red recording light still on?). We installed the floor in that corner like surgeons. When TiVo was placed back on its perch, on top of the television, we hugged. What a night.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

I'm laughing. Nice work... I guess...

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

I lived without cable for a whole summer last year. I would plan my gym visits according to what I wanted to watch on tv (since I worked for a baseball team we had free Gold's Gym memberships). My friends and I also went to Chili's just to sit at the bar and watch baseball. We were pretty sad, but I did survive that summer with no cable. I should put that on my resume! ~Becky

Michelle said...

With skills like that you guys should consider going into the medical feild.

Duck Hunter said...

we went a few years without cable in the past. Now that TiVo is a member of the family, I'm not interested in losing cable.