Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Concert

We went to the Peace Center in Greenville last night. The inside of this theatre is really an awesome sight. The walls were lined with stone. The seats were covered in a soft, felt like, material, and beautiful wood trim made the fronts of the balcony areas as well as lining the sides of the stage. Lamps hanging on the walls remind you of how an elegant theatre in the 1800's might have looked.

I took this picture with my cell phone. The reason the best picture I have came from my cell phone is that we were told cameras were not allowed. My camera is a bit bulky and I knew I would not be able to sneak it in, so I didn't even try. Plenty of others snuck their small cameras in, and nobody cared.

When I found out this concert was going to be in Greenville for only one night, I checked my schedule at work. I was scheduled to work that night. I told Cari last week that I knew about the concert, but didn't think we would be able to go. I wished I could take her since it was the man she loves singing. Early this week I worked out a way to change my schedule, and we purchased tickets. We got tickets in the orchestra pit. That meant we were in the third row from the stage. The wall in the bottom of my photo is the back of the orchestra area.

The concert we saw last night was KENNY ROGERS. Let me tell you, sitting in the third row was completely worth it. Sitting so close to Kenny, you could see every expression, hear every little thing, and see Kenny's freckles. Even better than that, was the time I thought Cari completely melted, when Kenny looked right at her. This was our second time seeing Kenny Rogers. Last time we saw him, we lived in Florida. Having seen him from multiple states now, Cari said, makes us groupies. It was a great show last night.

Afterward we walked down a few blocks to Reedy Falls in downtown. We have never been down to the falls at night. They have lights shining down on the water that makes a better scene than viewing it during the day. The weather was great and walking through Falls Park was awesome.

One last thing I have to tell you about, is the people we saw in the theatre. Cari and I laughed about this for a while. There was some sort of fund raiser linked to the concert last night. Major donors were headed to a dinner before or after the concert and were dressed for the black tie event. There is some old south society still thriving in Greenville. These people look completely over done and fake. Lots of kissing on the cheek and cute smiles at each other. Lots of poofy dresses by the women. Cari pointed out you could tell they were trying to maintain a certain image with each other. Even Kenny said, "this is the best dressed group I have sang for."

6 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

The only song I know by him is The Gambler. He sang it on The Muppet Show once. Glad you two had a good time, and the theater looks beautiful. What a great date night!!

Mojo Jojo said...

Wow, wow, and jealous!

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time.

BTW, where are the poofy dress pictures? LOL

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

WOW! You really know how to show a girl a good time, don't you? The theater was beautiful! I'm glad you didn't show the falls at night. Every couple needs their little "secret places." I'm glad you two had a great time.
~AB

Michelle said...

Now I want to be someones groupie too. Especially if it maens going to thearters like that.

Tammy said...

Totally Gorgeous!!! I like the theatre and the opera. But our theater looks nothing like that!!! Awesome for you guys keeping the magic alive with each other!!!!

Duck Hunter said...

I can't believe I didn't take my camera. My camera goes everywhere.

Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate that.