Thursday, March 08, 2007

Duh...I fell

"Did you read the blog this morning?"
Cari laughed a bit before answering my question with a nod.

I simply can't remember what happened on Sunday. I even read my blog from Sunday to try and jog my memory. There was certainly more to tell then my trip to the mall. Wasn't there? Why would I write that I was too tired to write, just from a trip to town?

I was going through my day again out loud as Cari listened. She remembered what we did. I don't think she ever forgot. Finally, she heard enough of my rambling. "We went roller skating."

OH YEAH!!! How could I have forgotten that?

After getting home from the mall, we got ready and met some friends at the skating rink. Putting it in words certainly won't be as amusing as the pictures would have been. I didn't take my camera. It's been a very long time since I have tried skating. I shook the dust off my roller blades before we left.

On the slippery floor, Randy, Meredith, and Cari all skated around. I stood, with one arm on the wall for a few minutes. Cari came back around skating backwards. She encouraged me to go around with her.

After a few laps, I was starting to feel a bit more comfortable. After holding my arms out like a tight rope walker for fifteen minutes, I was starting to relax.

Two more laps with no problems.
Randy was doing good in skates. He came up behind me with his hands stretched toward me. I kept rolling. I felt a tug on the back of my shirt. He had caught up to me.

He pulled a bit harder. Then he fell behind me. He was still holding my shirt and my feet went out in front of me as I fell on top of Randy.

"What were you thinking?" I asked him. That was my first fall of the night.
As I scooted up on my knees, I looked at Randy. He was laughing. "I'm going to do that again!" He said.

The rest of the night, I had to watch my back. Randy would come flying up behind me and I would hug the wall or jump off the rink. I was scared. Scared of a seven year old. He wasn't the only one thinking this was a fun game. Cari thought this was funny. Our friends from next door thought it was funny, and he wasn't even skating. I wasn't sure enough on my feet to fight back, so I went and sat down for some pizza.

How I forgot being assaulted on Sunday, I don't remember. Maybe it is like someone that has been through a serious trauma and they are able to block it out of their head.

9 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Ha Ha Ha! I wish I had been there to savor that sight! That's too funny. I love roller skating! Yep. I think Rae does too. We each have white roller skates with pink wheels. Mark and I enjoy remembering when it was WAY cool to "tight-roll" the pants and wear scrunchy socks with the roller skates. Yikes! Ahhh. The late 80's- early 90's. MC Hammer.....and Head Banger's Ball. Memories are abounding.

jen said...

maybe you hit your head :)

I haven't been skating in years. But the good thing about kids is I can do it outside under the guise of teaching them!

Michelle said...

I feel this weekend too. I blame it on my shoes, but my wrist is still soar.

Speed Seeker said...

Never mind the photos, that would have been a great video! Sounds like a fun time...For most. ;)

Tammy said...

I havent been skating in ages. I would probably be like you and Zak like Randy. I would spend most of the day on my but!!! Lots of cushion though!!!

d e v a n said...

lol - no wonder you forgot!
I haven't skated since high school, roller blading is easier. ;)

One Scrappy Gal said...

I miss rollerskating!! I miss the old fashioned skates like the ones from when I was little. I don't like rollerblades. I took my husband rollerskating once and he says I skated like a dream while he kept falling down. I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but on rollerskates I'm an olympic champ. :)

ray of hope said...

I love rollerskating! Just last summer, my sister and I went on a roller skate quest. We would scour the resale shops looking for the old fashioned rollerskates. Our search paid off. We now both own a fantastic pair of white rollerskates with bright pink wheels, the kind that make that metal rattly sound when you skate. I agree with Scrappy Gal, rollerblades are no good.

Duck Hunter said...

Really appreciate all the comments!