Thursday, March 22, 2007

What did she just say?

We were watching American Idol last night. We watch it on Tivo so we can fast forward everyone we don't like. Then this guy got up to sing...

Phil. Cari said, "That guy gives me the heebie jeebies!", and then she pressed the fast forward button.

I almost choked on my jelly beans when she said that. Through the sound of me choking was my laughter. I started to fall over. I knew what she meant, but who says that?

"What did you say?"
Now she started feeling a bit defensive. At first she wouldn't repeat what was said.

"How old are you?", I asked her. "Who says heebie jeebies?"

Still no answer.

I sat up and composed myself. "You saying, heebie jeebies, gives me the heebie jeebies!" I said.

Then I picked up a pen and made a note on my palm. Cari instantly wanted to know what I wrote. I clenched my fist and wouldn't show her for about a minute. I had written, "heebiejeebie". After trying to wrestle my arm free unsuccessfully, I opened my hand.

She asked why I wrote that. I answered, "This is going on the blog!"

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

ha! I say that ocassionally. lol

D makes fun of me because I say "easy as pie" instead of "piece of cake."
I can never remember. lol

Speed Seeker said...

Haha

I have a habit of saying 'Okie Dokie' .

Firefly said...

I say "Heebie Jeebie's", well actually just "Heebies" but that may be worse.....

jen said...

sometimes just to be obnoxious I say "heebs" for "heebie"