Monday, March 12, 2007

Staying Dry

An Irish festival in Greenville on Sunday gave us a good reason to make the drive over and spend some time in the park. Randy and Meredith wanted to climb on the rocks for a while.




"Ok, just don't get your shoes wet."


Now, I knew he would probably slip at least once, causing his shoes to get wet.







But I didn't expect him to swim. . .
He was having a great time. Meredith fell once and started crying. She didn't like it as much. I was perched up on a rock taking pictures, leaving Cari to fetch our daughter out of the river.
There is a few more pictures of this day on my flickr account.

When we got back to the car, both kids were still soaked from the waist down. We decided that they should take their jeans off and we'll put a blanket in their lap while on the car ride home. It wasn't that warm out and we were trying to get the wet clothes off of them. Meredith didn't have a problem with this. Randy was a different story. He was not going to sit in the car wearing his underwear. He started crying and having a fit. He eventually calmed down. Until we were almost home and we stopped at the grocery store.

"We're all going to run in and get a few things for dinner.", I announced.
Both kids claimed my insanity. Randy was first to remind me he wasn't wearing pants. Cari tried to tell him nobody would notice, but he wasn't going for it. Cari ran in while I sat with the kids.

3 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

HEE!! I hope you're saving up for the therapy bills! :)

Mojo Jojo said...

ROFL - That is funny!

Sounds like something my kiddos would do...maybe not the little one but most definately the big one.

Speed Seeker said...

Ahh Yes...To be a kid again. ;)