Friday, March 16, 2007

The Room

Cari and I have always discussed if we had an extra bedroom / office that it would be my room. I could paint the walls any color, put the furniture how I wanted, and decorate as I saw fit. Maybe when she made that deal, she didn't believe it would ever happen.

A few nights ago we were discussing final plans on remodeling the upstairs. We are going to create another bedroom in the house. That means I will have my own room to put the computer in!

Cari started asking me what color I was going to paint the room but as I answered, she had a horrified expression. "That's going to look stupid." She told me. I continued telling her my decor ideas. "You can't do that. It's going to look stupid."

"OH! It doesn't really matter how stupid it looks.", I reminded her. "This is my room to decorate." As I was speaking, I saw a tear forming in her eye.

Was she upset because I was going to make the room look stupid? Or was she upset because she was going to be giving all control to me? It doesn't really matter, because it is my room.

I joked about putting locks on my new room. I joked about putting a refrigerator in my new room. She literally put her hands to her face in horror.

Am I so happy because I will have my own space now? Or am I so happy because Cari had to give me complete control?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I thought for sure you would make a dark room.

Tammy said...

PICTURES!!!PICTURES!!!!PICTURES!!!!! Please!!!??

Mojo Jojo said...

Oh man, those horns are growing big time...how evil of you.

Just remember, you have to share the same bed with her.

Speed Seeker said...

I think that's why I like living alone in my house. I can make every room look stupid...hehe

Congrats on your new achievement! A bar fridge is definitely cool. I have one. ;)