Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Wall

We will begin construction of a wall on Tuesday.

I was thinking about this yesterday. When I was growing up, dad would always tackle things like this himself. Friends like Rick, constantly take on projects like this. Even my neighbor across the street built a closet in an extra room of his house.

When Cari and I were in the planning stages of this wall we discussed how easy it would be to build a wall with a door in it. This project is not above me.

Last night we were talking about the work that would begin on Tuesday. We talked about how each one of us had jobs to be done. Cari was talking about paint for all three of the bedrooms. She will probably take on most all of the painting. Then she looked at me, waiting to hear the huge amounts of labor I was about to put into this project.

"Well, I think I got the wall pretty well handled."

She reminded me quickly that I had only hired someone to build a wall for us. Don't I still get credit for that? I just delegated.

So I hired a guy to build this wall. Is it being lazy to not do it myself? Nope. It's smart. Building a wall, framing in several doors, moving electrical fixtures and adding some outlets is probably within my realm of ability. It just depends on how well you want it done.

I know that Cari has high standards, so I decided to hire it out. That should give me a couple more hours on the hammock while I build the wall.

I'll try and get some pictures and updates to you through the week.

4 comments:

Mojo Jojo said...

I most definately would hire somebody to do this job.

Hubby & I (yes, I'm a handy wife) have done drywalling, mudding, sanding, more sanding, etc., and believe me, NEVER EVER AGAIN!

It's really easy to do but a big mess to deal with.

It does come in handy though that hubby is an electrician...Should I send him your way?

Michelle said...

I wonder if there is anything in my life I can outsource? :) I love hammocks.

Speed Seeker said...

6 months after I finished developing my basement, I decided to move a wall out 3' and build my large fish tank into it. It's wasn't too hard of a task...Just took me some time. Moving the electrical was probably the most tedious part of the task. Only so much you can accomplish during evenings and weekends on your own. Good luck with the reno's and hopefully the contractor knows what he's doing. ;)

Tammy said...

Finally a man that knows when to get a pro to do the job!!!! Thank heavens! Hope all goes well-I want pictures of YOUR room!