Thursday, April 19, 2007

Haunted House

Our favorite neighbor has moved. He sold his house a few weeks ago and left yesterday. They only moved about fifteen minutes away, so we may still see them from time to time. He and his wife took Cari and I out to lunch today.

During lunch he told us that our new neighbor was an atheist while in high school. The guy is roughly 30 now, so he may have changed. While packing, my neighbor had several people from church come over and help him load the truck. The pastor was among that group. After the trucks were loaded and everything was out of the house, the pastor lead a prayer for the new home owner. The last thing the pastor did before leaving the house was leaving an inspirational booklet in every drawer of the house.

Tonight is the first night the atheist will be sleeping next door. I'll be waiting to see when he comes out screaming that his house is haunted. His arms will be flailing as he runs circles in the front yard in his boxers. The spirit of Jesus has taken up residence in that house. Good luck, atheist!

We haven't met the atheist yet, but we do know two good things about him.
#1. He is not a Yankee!
#2. He or his wife is afraid of my dog and will not come over to see us. When we meet, it's going to be when Cari and I go there.

Talking about Jesus being in the house reminded me.

Jesus told me to have peanut butter on my sandwich for breakfast. . .. . . and I did.

If you have a funny caption for this picture, I invite you to put in a comment.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We wanted to talk to Jesus, but he was too busy telling the honey bear about our crazy Dad.

Anonymous said...

Nice Ed! I bet your wife loves to look into the eyes of Jesus everytime she goes for those sprinkles or her spices. :)

One Scrappy Gal said...

That lamp will haunt me in my dreams now.

jen said...

That's the kind of lamp that you need to move from room to room, so Jesus is always watching, and so people can have fun wondering where it is going to turn up next.

Anonymous said...

Does this mesn every time we come in here we have to say a pray?

Anonymous said...

Does this mesn every time we come in here we have to say a pray?

Michelle said...

How does "Jesus light snacking." sound?
I am not anonymous by the way.

Mojo Jojo said...

First, ROFL - I needed a good laugh for a while now.

Title...Hmmm....Being with you even at snack time?

Duck Hunter said...

Miranda wins the caption contest. I appreciate the other captions as well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Duck Hunter said...

If you want to rant and rave for four pages, do it on your own blog. And certainly not anonymously. DELETED.

Miranda said...

YES! I'm a winner!