Saturday, April 14, 2007

My first job!

I haven't been writing as much lately because I have been so busy at work. After work I have been busy moving furniture to different rooms.

Also the other day I got my first paying photography job!!!!!!!!
I took bridal portraits for the daughter of one of my co-workers. Cari came along and was a huge help.

We all had a great time while I snapped around three hundred photos.Imagine taking three hundred photos and then trying to find the best one. That's what I did a few nights ago.

First I loaded all the photos into Adobe Lightroom. Then I scrolled through them and identified the possibilities for best shot. These were just quick glances looking at lighting, framing, and focus. That process got me down to about fifty great shots. During that process I also eliminated the fun shots where the bride was making faces at her mom and all the shots of primping the dress.

I took those fifty shots and started to examine them closer. Zooming in close and really checking focus, especially around her eyes. At this point I started to do some touch up on the photos. Adjusting color and exposure. Slowly I eliminated photos in search of the best one.

I got the group of fifty narrowed down to fourteen shots. I turned one into black & white and then printed a proof sheet of the fifteen best photos.

This entire process took about two hours.

The bride selected the shot she wants printed as her main photograph. I spent another hour this morning selecting and touching up another twenty five photos. I'm printing these out as another proof sheet for her to select some shots to be printed as 4x6. Some of these are the more candid shots.

So far they seem very pleased with the job I have done. I ordered a 16x20 for her this morning that will take almost two weeks to get.

I've posted some pictures on flickr from this day. Here's a couple more.

8 comments:

Tammy said...

These look good. Maybe I will have you come to Calgary to do mine!!! Don't worry. That is about 100 years away!!! LOL

One Scrappy Gal said...

Beautiful job. Time to start printing out those business cards. Ed Duckman - Photographer Extraordinare

Speed Seeker said...

Congratulations...Getting paid for doing something you love...And are pretty decent at. Pics looks great. I like the one with the creek and waterfall in the background.

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Congratulations!!!!!! That's something to be completely proud about! I hope you have many more jobs to come! Have a great Wednesday!
~AB

John said...

Nice pictures! Haven't been to a wedding since . . . hmmm . . .

hmmmm

Anonymous said...

You would have a solid recomendation from me if anyone ever wanted a tip on a good wedding photographer. That could be a really fun sequal to the wedding singer :).
michelle

GoGo said...

she looks all white and purtty.
Like new uderwear!

Mojo Jojo said...

Great pics and one beautiful bride.

Would you consider to come to KY for a 25th anniversary (10 years away)?